It’s a cold start to our Saturday and the Monumental Marathon in downtown Indianapolis. Temperatures started in the mid 30s, but we should expect a high near 55. Today is one of the most important days of the year as Daylight savings time ends and we fall back an hour at 2am, Sunday morning. Great for the extra hour of sleep, but now the sun is going set around 5:30pm. Never-the-less, today is partly cloudy and a great day for you and your family to get out and see the city and enjoy what’s going on around you. If you plan on heading downtown, I’d recommend you wait until after the marathon as many streets are blocked.
- It is a POWER RECYCLING DAY at the Indianapolis Zoo going on now until 2pm. Bring your e-waste and get rid of them for free. Items like computers, video game systems, cell phones, tablets, etc., but $10 for TV’s & monitors. Sorry, no appliances accepted. To find out more information go to indianapoliszoo.com
- Friday was the 1st day of the INDY CEASEFIRE WEEKEND that runs through Sunday, No.v 4th. Today is a gun buyback event from noon to 5pm at the MLK Center off of W. 40th St. Sunday, Nov. 4 will be called “Non-Violent Sunday.” Organizers are asking faith leaders to deliver a message of non-violence from their pulpits.
- Be a part of TEA WITH TAMIKA…Catchings today from 3-5pm at Tea’s Me Cafe Indy off of E. 22nd St.
- There’ll be a INDIANAPOLIS COLTS MEIJER CELEBRATION in Noblesville starting at 5pm. Get autographs & photos with Blue, the Colts mascot until 7pm. Details available at colts.com/events/
- The Blue & Gold, INDIANA PACERS will be at Bankers Life Fieldhouse tonight at 7pm to battle against the Boston Celtics. Currently the Pacers are 6-3 and hope to extend the winning streak. Tickets are still available and may be purchased at pacers.com
To find out more of what’s happening in and around your city go to AroundIndy.com. Don’t forget to set your clocks back before falling asleep tonight.