What a way to start the weekend with temps in the mid 50’s and the sun shining bright. There are so many things going on in and around they city this weekend from the HEADLESS HORSEMAN at Conner Prairie, the INAUGURAL PARTY IN THE PARK at Federal Hill Commons in Noblesville to benefit the Indiana Park and Recreation Association with live music, kids activities, food trucks, bounce houses, inflatables, and more. Check out some of the events listed below.
- It’s that time to add to your family with the INDIANAPOLIS MEGA ADOPTION at the State Fairgrounds from 12-6pm today and Sunday. The adoption fee is only $30 and there are hundreds of cats & dogs to take home. Get details at indianastatefair.com/events/
- While at the fairgrounds, be a part of the INDIANA LATINO EXPO until 5pm. This FREE event will have food, entertainment & so much more. indianastatefair.com/events/
- If you have or are one of the kids that would love to be a part of a contest like Chopped; then you should be a part of the INDYOUTH FOOD CHALLENGE. Kids have an opportunity to be trained and participate in this challenge using a foundation of knowledge to work in teams. For more information go to eventbright.com
- FALL HARVEST FESTIVAL is back at all Waterman’s Family Farms until October 31st. Enjoy the hayrides, obstacle courses, mazes, food and more. To find a farm near you go to watermansfamilyfarm.com/fallharvestfestival.html
- The 46th ANNUAL PUMPKIN HARVEST FESTIVAL is going on at Stonycreek Farm in Noblesville. Ride on the ziplines, enjoy food, hayrides, a haunted house and so much more until October 31st. For ticket information go to stonycreekfarm.net/pumpkinharvestfestival.htm
- Head over to the Indianapolis Athenauem at noon for the 10th ANNUAL GERMANFEST. Great german beer & food is included at this kid friendly event. Plus enjoy contest, races and more. For ticket information go to athenaeumfoundation.org
- Help empower people of color under 40yrs old to lead in politics by being a part of the CLUCK SCHOLARS CHICKEN & BOURBON FESTIVAL in Indy. Today is a fundraiser that features a best of fried chicken & bourbon contest, plus games and so much more at Tube Factory Artspace starting at 2pm. To find our more about Cluck go to cluckscholars.org/cluck2018/
To find out more going on in and around your city, go to AroundIndy.com. This weekend you can win tickets to the MixTape Tour with Salt-N-Pepa, Naughty by Nature and more, Sunday May 5th on 106.7 WTLC. Take us anywhere you go by downloading our free app in your app store.