Columbus OH- Brandie Sharp of Columbus decided to teach her sons the value of working by going with them on a new paper route in the suburb of Upper Arlington when the lesson turned into what Sharp believes was racial profiling.
While Sharp was helping her sons on their nes paper route when they noticed that they left papers on the wrong porch of some homes. So Sharp and her sons, 11-year-old Uriah and 17-year-old Mycah, wanted to make sure their papers were delivered correctly. But then someone called the Upper Arlington police on them and saying that they were walking up to homes and walking away with things in their hands (the newspapers). Sharp said in an interview with ABC6 that when officers showed up and asked what they were doing, “I showed him the thing for the Dispatch, The Bag, the midday week paper, that we get,” she said, “and he said ‘Oh, really?’ and by that time I was kind of like, ‘Okay, why are you questioning me about this?’”
Get Exclusive News and Contest in Your Inbox
Sharp felt she was being profiled because of her race and her sons so she took to Facebook to express her disdain for the way they were treated.
The Upper Arlington Police Department is standing by their actions saying that their interactions were professional. UAPD blames a new city ordinance that many residents aren’t aware of that states newspaper deliveries have to be made on porches or mailslots and not on driveways.
- Will Smith Makes Stand-Up Comedy Debut Opening Up For Dave Chappelle [PHOTOS]
- Beyonce Reunites With Former Destiny’s Child Member LaTavia Roberson [PHOTOS]
- Prince Tackles Gun Violence In Posthumous “Mary Don’t You Weep” Video [NEW VIDEO]
- Beyonce’s Ex-Drummer Files Restraining Order Against The Singer Over “Extreme Witchcraft”
- New Job: Cannabis Connoisseur $50 an Hour!
- Sanaa Lathan Opens Up About Shaving Her Head
- Suge Knight Pleads No Contest To Manslaughter, Will Serve 28 Years In Prison
- Macy Gray Talks About The Origin Of Her Name, Drug Use & Her Love Of Penis
- Porsha Williams Opens Up About Why She Kept Being Pregnant A Secret [VIDEO]
- Steve Harvey’s Talk Show Cancelled, Replaced By Kelly Clarkson
Black Woman From Columbus Area Has Police Called On Her For Delivering Papers With Her Sons was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com