1. A hug conveys caring. Says, I’m here for you. We’re in this together.
2. Hugs elevate our mood. Makes us feel warm and soothed.
3. You and your partner can beat the average. The typical length of a hug is about ten seconds.
4. Hugs promote heart health. A large-scale study found that while hugging, people’s heart rate lowered significantly compared to those who didn’t hug.
5. They provide reassurance. A hug lets your partner know everything is okay between you.
6. Hugs can be given anywhere. In public or in private, at the mall or at the park, hugs can be exchanged wherever you are.
7. Hugging boosts the recipient’s self-esteem. This gesture assures your partner that he/she is more than worthy of your affection.
8. Hugs are a natural stress reliever. If you or your love are feeling stressed, give each a tight hug.
9. As public displays of affection go, hugs are acceptable and admirable.
10. Hugs help your partner survive and even thrive.
11. You can go for the world record. According to The Guinness Book of World Records, on February 14, 2010, Jeff Ondash gave out 7,777 hugs. He is also the world record holder for the most hugs given in an hour at 1,205. Top that!
12. You and your partner can join other huggers across the country. January 21 is National Hug Day.
13. Hugging enhances communication. As nonverbal communication goes, hugging is one of the best. It can foster good verbal communication as well.
14. The benefits are mutual. The giver of a hug gets as much benefit as the receiver. Since everybody wins, hug away.
15. A hug is a graceful step in the dance of romance.