What’s up Indy!? Well, the temps are supposed to hit 60 degrees today, but the day will be filled with storms on and off until later this evening. In between those times, the kids are out of school for fall break so why not play in the rain a little with some of the events in and around your city today?
- The Festival of Trees is open now until January at the Indiana History Center. See more than 70 beautifully themed trees for the holidays plus a 30-foot show-stopper in Eli Lilly Hall. For ticket information go to indianahistory.org
- If you are interested in saving a life and enhancing your own, Animal Care Services is dropping adoption fees in exchange for donated items. If adoptions do not increase, they will have to seek other measures which no one wants. So they have decided to waive all adoption fees for donations of $15 from the shelter’s Amazon wish list.
- The 4th Annual Showcase of Schools is today from 10a-2pm at the Indiana State Museum. Discover why Indiana Public Schools may be a perfect choice for you and your family.
- The Sidney & Lois Eskenazi Hospital and Eskenazi Health campus hosts a special opportunity for Central Indiana residents to learn about and apply for various health coverage opportunities. Join WTLC’s Donna Schiele and find out how you can enroll in an affordable health plan.
- Public Ice Skating is back at the State Fairgrounds. A two-hour public ice skating session. See Web site for details and pricing at indyfueltank.com/popweaveryouthpavilion
- Check out WTLC’s YaWeekendgirl Britney B for the Annual Tree Lighting event at the Shops at Perry Crossing. Festivities kick off at 4pm and the tree lighting is at 7pm.
To find out more of what’s up in and around your city go to AroundIndy.com for more information. Be safe and have a great weekend.