Last night, the biggest names in music descended upon the Staples Center in Los Angeles for the 2015 Grammy Awards. Alongside the show-stopping gowns and dazzling jewels, we couldn’t take our eyes off the flirty and feminine hairstyles. Beyonce‘s beautiful blonde waves stayed flawless from the red carpet to her performance of “Take My Hand Precious Lord.” Bey’s longtime hairstylist, Kim Kimble, is the genius behind her gorgeous ‘do.
MUST READ: Red Carpet Rundown: The 2015 Grammy Awards
Follow the step-by-step “how-to” with product recommendations from Kim Kimble below.
How to create Beyonce’s Soft, Edgy Waves
1. To achieve Beyonce’s soft waves, start with clean hair using a lightweight regimen that won’t weigh hair down, will add volume and prevent frizz, says Kimble.
2. “Use a volumizing product all over hair, like the Pantene Pro-V Full & Strong PowerFULL Body Booster Spray—it adds fullness and shine from root to tip, and is perfect to use just before heat styling. You can also use a small amount of anti-frizz serum or crème before blow-drying hair straight,” Kimble says.
3. “Separate hair into 2 inch sections and use a 1.5 inch tourmaline flat iron to begin creating the loose waves. Place the flat iron a few inches below the root and twist the flat iron a turn and a half before gliding the iron down the hair shaft. This adds a curl throughout the entire length of hair, while also smoothing it out and making it look effortless,” Kimble says.
4. “Next, run fingers through hair to loosen up the curl and create an edgy wave. Take the flat iron and quickly run it over each section of hair again to flatten it a bit—you don’t want to make it look too flat or straight or else the wave will fall out,” says Kimble.
5. “Take a pea-sized amount of shine serum and run fingers through hair again to enhance shine and lock out frizz. I love using the Pantene Pro-V Smooth & Sleek Smooth Serum with Argan Oil because of its lightweight texture and humidity control for silky, soft hair,” says Kimble.
6. “Finish the style off with a medium-hold hairspray, like the Pantene Pro-V Stylers Shaping Hairspray to keep the style in place while also allowing the waves to move,” Kimble says.
Check out more of the glamorous looks from the 2015 Grammys red carpet:
Red Carpet Rundown: The 57th Annual Grammy Awards
1. 2015 Grammys1 of 14
2. Rihanna2 of 14
3. Beyonce3 of 14
4. Kim Kardashian4 of 14
5. Nicki Minaj5 of 14
6. Kanye West6 of 14
7. Zendaya Coleman7 of 14
8. Ariana Grande8 of 14
9. Ciara9 of 14
10. Chrissy Teigen and John Legend10 of 14
11. Nas11 of 14
12. Kat Graham12 of 14
13. Jhene Aiko13 of 14
14. Chris Brown14 of 14
GET THE LOOK: Beyonce’s Soft Waves at the 2015 Grammys was originally published on hellobeautiful.com