Judge Judy has been the #1 show in syndication for the last 5 seasons, averaging 10 million daily viewers.
She’s launching a new Facebook contest called “The Ultimate High School Graduation With America’s Judge.” The winning high school will have Judge Judy as their 2015 commencement speaker.
“Kids seem to have found our program and seemed to be interested in it,” Judy says. “They can write in – 250 words – and tell me why their school is someplace special and why they think I’d be an interesting commencement speaker for their school.”
Judge Judy says her main message to young people is simple – that you only get one chance to make a first impression.
“If that first impression is something stupid that you posted on Facebook and if they see you doing something stupid or ridiculous, you have one foot out the door,” Judge Judy says.
But has Judge Judy made any mistakes she cares to share with the young people she speaks to?
“One thing about getting older is that you forget about them,” she says. “It’s not that I wouldn’t share them if I made them, but I don’t remember,” she laughs. “There are really no mistakes in life. If you’re smart, there are only learning experiences.”
“The Ultimate High School Graduation With America’s Judge,” contest ends on February 27 at 11:59:59 p.m. so get those entries in now.
Celebrity High School Dropouts
1. Lil Wayne1 of 26
2. Eminem2 of 26
3. Drake3 of 26
4. Andre 30004 of 26
5. Fantasia5 of 26
6. Chaka Khan dropped out of school and now has a foundation that helps disadvantaged youth receive a quality education. PR6 of 26
7. 50 Cent was expelled from high school in the 10th grade for possession of crack and got his G.E.D. while in jail. (AP)7 of 26
8. Mary J. Blige dropped out of high school in the 11th grade and still regrets it. (AP)8 of 26
9. Bill Cosby dropped out of high school and eventually joined the Navy where he earned his high school diploma. (AP)9 of 26
10. Tyler Perry dropped out of high school when he was 16 but eventually earned his G.E.D. (AP)10 of 26
11. Robert DeNiro was a high school dropout. At age 68 was given an honorary doctorate of fine arts from Bates College. AP11 of 26
12. Berry Gordy dropped out of high school to pursue a boxing career. Apparently, he was better at music than in the ring.12 of 26
13. Aretha Franklin dropped out of high school at age 15 and received an honorary degree from Princeton at age 70. (AP)13 of 26
14. Pink dropped out of high school around age 15 but got her G.E.D. in 1998. (AP)14 of 26
15. Jay Z dropped out of high school and starting dealing drugs before finding salvation & money in hip hop. (AP)15 of 26
16. Chris Rock dropped out of high school at age 17 to pursue his dream of being a comedian. He later got his G.E.D.(AP)16 of 26
17. Oscar winning actor Sidney Poitier dropped out of school at age 13 to help his father tend to the tomato farm.(AP)17 of 26
18. Whoopi Goldberg struggled with dyslexia and out of frustration dropped out of school at age 17. (AP)18 of 26
19. Rock & Roll Hall of Famer David Bowie & his wife Supermodel Iman both dropped out of high school.(AP)19 of 26
20. Rapper, actor & author LL Cool J dropped out of high school to record his debut album.(AP)20 of 26
21. Mark Wahlberg recently admitted to being a high school dropout, but is planning on getting his G.E.D. (AP)21 of 26
22. Tracy Morgan dropped out of high school to pursue his dream of becoming a comedian.(AP)22 of 26
23. Johnny Depp dropped out of school at age 15 to become a rock star. career. We're guessing acting was his backup plan.(AP)23 of 26
24. Jessica Simpson dropped out of high school her senior year to pursue her music career. She later got her G.E.D.(AP)24 of 26
25. Olympic Gold Medalist George Foreman dropped out of high school and joined the Job Corps where he learned how to box. (AP)25 of 26
26. Quentin Tarantino dropped out of school at age 16 to pursue his dreams of acting. (AP)26 of 26
Judge Judy Wants To Be Your Child’s High School Graduation Speaker was originally published on blackamericaweb.com