1. Beat the heat. This summers is definitely a hot one but you can have fun and cool off at the same time! Consider these activities:
- Go to the beach or the pool
- Run through the sprinklers
- Have a water balloon fight
- Make popsicles or ice cream
2. Learn a new hobby. Is there something you’ve always wanted to learn, but didn’t think you could? Now’s the time! Here are some suggestions:
- Learn to play a musical instrument
- Take up singing
- Learn a new type of dance
- Develop your artistic skills
- Write stories, poems, plays or jokes
- Make a film
- Make a radio show
3. Play a sport. Summer’s a great opportunity to get outside and play! If you don’t have a favorite sport yet, there’s no better time to pick one.
- Try riding a bike
- Play basketball, volleyball, tennis, football or other team sports
- Start running every morning or evening, while it’s cool enough outside
4. Hit up local events. Most areas host fairs, festivals, carnivals or other fun events during the summer. Check your city’s calendar online.
5. Try cooking. If you don’t know how to cook or want to try to make some new things, now is the time!
- Make cold, refreshing smoothies
- Have a barbecue
- Make a cake